Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bake-aholic



Hey yall!!!

I'm in a good mood right now...not great, but good.  (maybe because I just took my Managerial Accounting exam!)

So this past weekend I was SO busy!  Saturday I mowed the yard...then I went to Lowe's to get some...stuff!  I'm re-doing my parents bathroom (now I guess it's mine..complicated situation).  I just got new towel racks, light, and mirror for now, but I know it will make a HUGE difference.  Especially considering we still have the ugly contractors stuff in there right now.  I also got some grass seed and weed killer...

OK but the most exciting part was my Sunday.  I baked ALL day Sunday...and loved every minute of it.  I made Strawberry Lemon muffins, Chocolate Chip muffins, and Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcakes...yepp.  You heard right.  Peanut Butter & Jelly.

I decided that every Monday I am going to bake for work and set up my donation jar (this stuff isn't cheap!).  It was a success yesterday!  I also got compliments such as

"OMG that was the BEST cupcakes I've ever had in my life!!! Will you make me an entire batch?!" 

and..

"Ashley that was by far the best cup cake I ever ate, thanks!"

:-)  Makes me happy.   See, I really do love the baking process, but clearly and cannot/don't want to, eat allll of the stuff I make.  I usually don't even have one.  Don't worry, I do taste the batter to make sure everything is coming out just right :)  Here is a pic of the Strawberry Lemon muffins about to bake (this batter, btw, tasted like an amazing ColdStone Creamery creation)


Alright so now for the Peanut Butter & Jelly cupcakes.  They had jelly on the inside (I alternated between strawberry and grape), were topped with a delicious peanut butter frosting, and had a dollop of jelly on top!  Here are the simple steps I took to finish them off :)


1.  I used a fruit 'thingy' (I have no idea what it is supposed to be used for!) to make an imprint on the top of the cupcake since it made a perfect circle.
 
2.  I used a small paring knife to hollow out the center.  Directly following that, I used the same fruit 'thingy' to get any cake I missed.
 
3.  At this point, I used a teaspoon (simply bc of its small size, not to measure) to scoop the jelly/jam into the cupcakes.

 
4.  Almost done!  Last step was frosting the cupcakes which I did on a lazy susan.  The pics after that are of the finished project!

YUMMY YUMMY!!   Well, actually guys I have to get going because I have a dinner thing to go to :)  

Be blessed yall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment